Tuesday, January 22, 2008

my quilt-lemma...



One of the things on my "ways to grow" list for 2008 was to sign up for a class and learn something new. I was excited about an upcoming beginner quilting class that my friend Laurie and I signed up for and I had gone ahead & purchased really fun & funky prints from Amy Butler's Faded China collection to make my quilt. I was SUPER excited about this. Well...... the class was cancelled because the minimum number of students required was not met. [insert big groan here]. This is just MY luck. Sure....I can sign up for another beginner class but this class was the right price and the right location.... right here in town with the continuing ed department. Now we have to go elsewhere, except a lot of beginner classes have already started. The quilting store here in town has some classes available but I did not purchase my Amy Bulter fabric there because they don't carry it....and I feel it would be a major faux pas to show up for a class there with fabric purchased elsewhere. *Sigh* This means I will probably have to purchase more fabric. I am considering being a bit of a rebel and making my own quilt with the help of a online quilting site which offers a free beginnner quilt pattern complete with tutorials.
I won't be so arrogant as to say "how hard can it be?", but I think I may just go ahead & try it. Women were quilting at home long before fancy classes, and machines, and fabrics, for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon