Saturday, April 5, 2008

project quilt.....



Here is my quilt.....almost done.....I just have to add the binding. This is my very first quilt....I signed up for a beginner class for the month of March and managed to put this quilt together. It has a lot of Amy Butler fabrics.... which I love. I love fun & funky.... I may never be a tradional type of quilter in the sense that I love the more modern types of fabrics...but it is fun to play. I have the same passion for quilting that I have for scrapbooking.... there is lots of cross-over between the hobbies...in one paper is cut apart & put back together...and in the other fabric is cut apart and put back together. The choices of color and pattern are endless... many scrapbook designers have had their designs picked up by quilting manufacturers & vice-versa. Amy Bulter was an illustrator turned textile designer who has now had her designs picked up for the scrapbook industry by K & Company (Michaels carries an impressive 12 ft. section of everything Amy Bulter you could ever want for your scrapbook). Anna Griffin is a paper designer whose designs are brand new to the quilting world. Love both of their work... however, Amy Butler is almost single-handedly responsible for bringing a new look to the quilting industry and opening doors for other designers such as Joel Dewberry, Valori Wells, Heather Baily, and otherswho have followed her into the industry in the last decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon