Tuesday, March 10, 2009

what's a girl to do?


I am so done with winter. I love winter when it comes, and I don't mind snow and a few cold snaps here and there. But at this point, it being March and all, I want winter to be over. We woke up Saturday to the sounds of cars crunching softly on snow...I knew without even looking out the window that we had more snow. And today is a nice brisk -40! Now, I have lived in this province for almost 4 years now and I am USED to -15....-15 is nice for a walk for me. -40 is way too chilly...I can literally feel the drafts from the windows when I walk by.

So what's a girl to do? I say cozy up with magazines and a hot cup of peppermint tea. I am such a magazine junkie.....the piles beside my side of the bed are embarassingly high. I LOVE the visual thrill of decorating magazines. I enjoy the inspiration from cooking magazines. And I still like to keep up-to-date with parenting magazines. I subscribe to Chatelaine, Canadian Family, Canadian Living, Style at Home, and Canadian House & Home. I just recently let my Martha Stewart Living and Everyday Food run out. Not sure if I will renew those. There are several still that I buy from the newstand.

My current fav for cooking:Fine Cooking by Taunton Press.
My current fav for decorating: Style at Home, Canadian House & Home & Country Home.
My current fav for general reading: Chatelaine, Canadian Living, and Real Simple.

What is alarming is the number of magazines recently that have gone out of print. Here are some that I did read and enjoy:

Wish (Canadian)
Dominoe
Country Home
Simple Scrapbooks
Mary Englebreit's Home Companion
Canadian Home & Country

Canadian Home & Country just recently underwent big changes with a whole new look, direction and mantra.....so I am really sorry to see this one go.

And, of course, I have several home decorating blogs, sewing blogs and cooking blogs that I read. The right hand side of my blog just shows a few of my favorites.

Well, my magazines and tea are calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon