Tuesday, April 6, 2010

a three hour tour...

Our family recently acquired a boat.Yup. A boat.

For tours. Fishing. Knee-boarding. Water-skiing. All the fun stuff.

Whenever I think of boat tours, the theme song from this little show from my childhood pops into my head.
This got me thinking.  If I had to describe our family in terms of Gilligan's Island, who would we be?

Ron. For sure, he would be the Skipper. He is fatherly, of course, being a father to our children and all. He is also brave, determined and sensible. He keeps us on course and he takes care of us.  He will be the one to float our boat. (But we will skip the part where he gets us marooned on an unchartered isle. Luckily, we are not the ocean-going sort, and live in the middle of the Prairies and the Rockies.)

Me. I hate to say this...but honestly...I am Mrs. Thirston Howell. The Third. No doubt about it. I like to be pampered. I don't like the wind in my hair or strong sun on my face. If I could be pampered on our boat tours with a martini and a little 'lovey' calling...I would be a super happy chic.

Hunter. Well.....she is Mary Ann. Funny and bubbly. Strong and athletic. She looks so cute in her little bikini, and she would be the most likely female on board to help out the Skipper. She is the all-canadian girl....sweet as can be.

I bet you think that Tyler will be Gilligan. That dumb-witted, but lovable numbskull.

Nope.

Tyler is our Professor.

He loves knowledge and learning and he likes to collect scientific facts. He also likes to share his scientific facts. For instance, the other day he asked me if the dogs could 'see' colours. When I said I wasn't sure, he went to the computer to google it. He reported back to me that 'dogs could only see primary colors'. Good to know.

So there you have it. Our own little family of Gilligan's Island people going on boat tours.

Another song that pops into my head when I think of boats is Robert Plant's song, "Crazy Ship of Fools."

I'm sure I'll be able to talk about that one at the end of the summer.


Here is the Skipper and the Professor with the S. S. Minnow.

Summer can't come fast enough for these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon