Monday, July 11, 2011

A Summer Birthday Party For A Special Lady....

So a few days after I arrived home in Nova Scotia, I had a special birthday party to attend to.
My sweet Auntie Z. was celebrating her 65th birthday and her family had organized a party for her at the local community center. The party was a fully catered meal for about 70 guests, and my job was to lend my hand to the decorating.
Because I had only arrived in the province 4 days before, my plan was to keep the decorations simple....white tablecloths, a cheery, happy yellow accent colour & fresh flowers.
I shopped for white tablecloths & the yellow napkins for a total of $30.
On the morning of the party, I went to the local grocery store & purchased $70 in fresh flowers to make
11 flower arrangements....9 for the guest tables, with 1 for the guest book table and 1 for the drinks table.
It took 2 hours to design the 11 arrangements and I think it added just the right amount of pretty to an otherwise boring community hall.
 I borrowed 11 mismatched clear vases from my mother, added some smooth rocks for weight and interest, and each arrangement had a single stem of a bright yellow gerbera daisy with surrounding flowers of white, green and lavendar.
Here's how it all looked:
Simple & pretty, right?
And on budget at $100.


Here is the birthday girl.
She has been the most wonderful aunt to me over the years. I was so happy to do this for her!
Here is the birthday girl's eldest son with his lovely wife and adorable son.
Here is the birthday girl's youngest son and my son.
And the birthday girl's husband {my uncle}and my son.
 I was so thrilled that I was able to be home for such a special party!

We have just finished our 2nd week in Nova Scotia and I haven't been in blogland much these days.
I really want to make the most of every minute here in my home province visiting and spending time with family & friends....building memories to take away with me back to Edmonton to comfort me all year long.

So please forgive me as I haven't visited much lately.
I promise when I get back to Edmonton, I will catch up with everyone!
xo



This post is linked to these great parties:


”Organize


Sundae Scoop @ I {heart} Naptime

UndertheTableandDreaming


lil luna link party button

Thirty Hand Made Days



Visit thecsiproject.com





Photobucket

Tips & Tuturials Tuesday at Stories of A to Z
Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon