Tuesday, January 9, 2007

french peasant soup...


On Sunday, it was chilly and I was feeling in a soup mood, so I dug out my many recipes from cooking class a few years back and made this hearty soup. It starts off with pancetta browned in the pan, then onion, garlic and shredded cabbage is added and cooked just until translucent and then rosemary, bay leaves, chicken stock, potatoe, sausage and white kidney beans are added and simmered just until the pototoes are fork-soft. Then I called the kids to the table for supper.
Hunter sits down and immediately says, "Mmmmm. Looks soooo good Mom!".
Tyler sits down and immediately says, "Do we have any Kraft Dinner?".
Hunter is my adventuresome eater. She has a wonderful appetite and eats almost anything. She has no aversion to anything new.
Tyler is my sensitive palate eater. Does not like strong smells or tastes and gags quite easily. One of the reasons I made this soup was because it had sausage in it and he loves sausage. So I gave him basically broth and sausage.
I am trying to get away from all the chemicals and preservatives in food. I like to make things from scratch if possible and then I know what's in it. It really is not hard to cook from scratch-the hard part is getting Tyler to taste or try it. I don't know how he ended up with such warped taste buds that he prefers chemical-laden, plastic cheese full of preservatives and salt Kraft Dinner over homemade with fresh ingredients, no preservatives soup. He is the source of much exasperation at the dinner table. Good thing he's so cute the rest of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon