Thursday, July 19, 2007

the unhappy events of Sunday, July 15....

Hunter was supposed to go to a 5 day Church Camp today with 2 close friends of hers. I had spoke to the Camp Registrar on Monday and he told me that space was available for her to attend and to put the registration forms with the payment in the mail and he would add her name to the list. Sunday arrived, and we get Hunter all packed up for camp and drive her to the Camp for check-in time at 6:30 pm. When we arrived at the check-in, it was discovered that her name did not appear on any list of registered campers. The Camp Registrar, an elderly gentleman, was sitting at the table, remembered talking to me on the phone, but apparently had not added her name to the list and now they have no space available for her!! I showed him the receipt for the money order for the Camp which I had mailed earlier in the week as per his instructions, but I can tell that everyone is uncomfortable and no one seems to know what to do. I send Hunter back to the car with Mom and Tyler. They asked me to wait to see if they are any no shows, but as I am standing there watching other children register, I feel more and more angry. There is no point in having a confrontation in front of all these children and parents. I feel like asking the Camp Registrar to go out to the car and explain to my 10 year daughter why he said he would add her name to the list and why now she cannot go to camp with her friends. I feel sick inside for Hunter. I know she is very dissapointed, but she handles it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon