Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas Cookie Week: Easy Sugar Cookies

Welcome to Christmas Cookie Week 2011!
This week my friend Grace at Sense & Simplicity and I hope to inspire you to get some Christmas baking done before the busy-ness of December starts.
I am going to showcase easy cookies that can be made in 1 hour...and recipes that anyone can tackle.
And remember it's just me and my little blue mixer in my little kitchen!
***
The first cookie I want to share with you is one of my favourites...the humble
*SUGAR COOKIE*
This cookie is so perfect... it can be mixed up in 10 minutes and because it is a drop cookie recipe, it doesn't need to be rolled out with a rolling pin.
This cookie is tender and buttery and oh-so-good fresh from the oven.

This recipe comes from my Grandmother Ada.
She made these cookies year round and kept them in a glass cookie jar on her kitchen counter.
{You can see the recipe below...published in 1979 in a little country community cookbook}
 I double the recipe as my Grandmother suggests.
And when you make cookies....always use real butter and real vanilla...the taste is so worth it!
*SUGAR COOKIES*
{makes 3 1/2 dozen}
In mixing bowl combine:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
4 tbsp milk
2 tsp. vanilla
Beat until light and fluffy.
In another bowl, stir together:
3 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
Add flour mixture to butter mixture gradually. Beat until mixed to form soft dough.
Roll dough into 1.5 inch balls.
Flatten with a fork.
Add Christmas sprinkles as desired.
Bake in 325 oven for 8-10 minutes.
Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes.
Then transfer to cooling rack.
  Here are the sugar cookies on my Christmas cookie platter last year.
I think every cookie platter could use a tasty sugar cookie!
Please make sure you hop on over to Sense & Simplicity to see what Grace cookie is sharing today!

And check back later this afternoon to see fun packaging inspiration for our little cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon