Friday, November 18, 2011

Project Homemade Christmas:Strawberry Butter

This is one of my all-time favorite strawberry treats!
It is my mother's recipe and she has been making it for years.
Strawberry Butter. 
It tastes absolutely divine on fresh biscuits....nothing compares!
This year I have decided to share this wonderful butter with my friends for Christmas.
You will be happy to know that this is another very do-able project...you can make it and package it in under an hour!
It takes 3 simple ingredients:
1 cup of butter.
1 cup of strawberry jam.
{I used homemade freezer strawberry jam that I made in Nova Scotia this summer. Yes. I dragged home frozen jam in my suitcase from Nova Scotia to Alberta. Don't judge.}
{And yes, I do think that blackberry jam or raspberry jam would work just as well!}
2-3 cups of icing sugar.
Mix well until you have the consistency of a whipped butter.
Thick but not runny.
Then spoon butter into small, clean jars and embellish how ever you like.
I used red polka dot ribbon...and I made the labels with Avery oval labels and my computer.
You can read more about making Avery labels here.
Store the Strawberry Butter in the fridge until gift-giving time.
Serve Strawberry Butter at room temperature with biscuits, muffins or toast.

You could also tuck a Christmas-themed spreader into the ribbon and give the butter with a batch of biscuits or muffins.

I picked up these little spice jars from Superstore, and the spreaders were 2 for a $1 at Dollarama.
And yes.
As soon as I put my camera down, I ate that strawberry-butter-topped biscuit!
Happy Weekend!




This post has been linked to these terrific parties:









The 36th Avenue


Visit thecsiproject.com

Holiday





Thirty Hand Made Days












Design Dazzle

Home Stories A2Z









Tip Junkie handmade projects

Todays Creative Blog

UndertheTableandDreaming




Link Party








No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon