Sunday, August 27, 2006

the trials and tribulations of learning to ride a bike....

On Friday the kids and I decided to go for a bike ride. While I was away in N.S., my wonderful husband bought me a BIKE for my birthday. It was an incredible surprise to me. I had only mentioned in passing a few times that I would like to have a mountain bike so that I could go biking with the kids since we have access to a great trail system here in St. Albert.
The mere mention of a bike ride with mom led Tyler to ask if I could ride a bike, since, apparently, he has never seen me ride a bike before. I said, "Tyler, I could ride a bike since before you were born!". (one of my Dad's favorite lines~felt like him as I was saying it.)
Tyler said, "oh, you have been riding a bike since you were TALL and BLONDE." !!???
I asked with mild amusement, "When was I tall and blonde Tyler?"
"When you married Daddy!"
oh. I gues I am no longer tall or blonde. But alas, I digress. Back to the bike ride.

So I packed a picnic lunch, and off we went. I looked quite groovy wearing a 5 year old's spiderman helmet. (but i didn't look TALL or BLONDE). We took the Red Willow Park trail system, which is a paved hiking/biking trail throughtout St. Albert. We biked to the library, which is about 2 km away, and had a nice lunch at a picnic table in the shade. Then we started for home. It was all very fun until a training wheel fell off of Tyler's bike and we had to walk half way home. It could not be fixed as the rubber of the wheel separated from the wheel itself. To top it all off, my son, who normally wears a sunny disposition, turned into a GRUMPY OLD MAN.
When we got home, Daddy said no more training wheels Tyler! You can ride a bike on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon