Saturday, September 9, 2006

first day of school.


Tuesday, September 5, was the first day of school for Hunter. She was really happy with her teacher, Madame Inglis, and with the friends in her class.
Tyler's first day of Kindergarten was Wednesday, September 6. He seemed very happy to go to school, but after I picked him up while driving home, he started with the tears, sobbing,
"I want to go to Grade 1 with my friends!!!". I tried to explain to him that you can't go to Grade 1 until "you are 6". He only sobbed harder. This went on for an hour, although I tried to "reason" with him. Ron was away in Calgary for 2 days. So finally, I just let him cry it out.
Age 5 is the appropriate age to start school in the rest of the country. Only in Alberta is the cutoff for turning 5 March 1. We could push him through to Grade 1, but he would be the youngest in the class. And I don't want school to be a struggle for him. Especially in the upper grades.
Funny thing is, after he finished crying, he hasn't mentioned a word about it since.
He went to school on Thursday & Friday and was totally fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon