Saturday, December 9, 2006

Christmas Cookie Party.


This yummy photo was taken at my home in 2004 at the family's Christmas Cookie Exchange. This annual family event was started by my Aunt Janet in 1990 or 1991 and has been continued every year with various family members hosting the party. We have had any number of family members joining the event, ranging from a mere 12 to over 30. Lucky for me, I had the opportunity to host the event the last year I lived in my home province. Little did I know then that one year later I would be thousands of miles away. I miss this family get-together, and it's one of those things that can't be "replaced". I attended almost every cookie exchange over the years, except for maybe 1 or 2. I think next year I might start my own cookie exchange here in the city with a few friends. It is so fun to sample other's baking projects, and most importantly, it puts you in the mood to try out new recipes. My best girlfriend Nicole and I are going to have a baking day next week and I can't wait, even though my mom said, "Does she know that you're just the dishwasher?" haha Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon