Friday, October 19, 2007

the flu shot episode...

This is what I found last night on my way to bed.... my little one curled up next to my big one.

He had a hard day yesterday. Flu shot day.

It started as soon as I told him after school. The pleading. The begging.

As I parked at the building, the sobbing got louder. The pleas more desperate.

He started fighting when I was filling out the forms. He fought me all the way to the nurse's station. We struggled for 10 minutes. (Where does this 6 year-old get this strength?) Everyone was looking at us.... the protesting got louder. Cries of "No Mommy! I don't like needles! I will run away! I'm gonna die! " Things I have never heard him say before.

He had a complete & utter meltdown.

Not a proud mommy moment. More like a hide-under-the-chair moment.... a Mommy's gonna-need-dark-glasses-to-wear-around-town moment.

The moment the needle goes in.....he stops! Relief. The fear & anticipation gone. Silence.


I breathe a sigh of relief. I am hot with sweat. My hair is all askew. My underwear is wedged. All from the struggle.

It's okay, buddy.
We all have our fears. Mommy too.

(Then on the way home, he asks, "Why didn't you tell me it didn't hurt?" Huh.The nerve!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon