Tuesday, September 29, 2009

out in the garden...




Gardening is not my "thing".


I wish it were. But I have always been a "drive thru" gardener. Zoom into a space, plant a few flowers to look pretty for the season. Zoom out. And that's about it.


Pathetic. I know.


The gardens at our current home were carefully planned and executed by the home's first owner. Her name was 'Marge' and she was a gardener....the trees, shrubs, lilac bushes, peonies and hostas and lots of things I can't name..... speak to her expertise. If she still lived here, the gardens would look stunning.


Unfortunately the owners between her and us were not gardeners. Our neighbours tell us that these owners did not even own a lawn mower. The gardens, under their care, or should I say lack of care, were untended and became overgrown with weeds.


Enter me. I keep trying to perform CPR on these gardens. I weed and I plant here and there a little. I sigh as I look out the window. I keep thinking these gardens could look much better if I knew what I was doing.

So my goal for September is to spend an hour everyday in the perennial gardens. Weeding, cutting back, pruning, shaping and tending.


In spring, I hope to reap what I sow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon