Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kids' Art Gallery Wall...

This is a project that I have been working on for a few months.
I 've been collecting my children's art from closets and rubbermaid totes in the hopes of creating an 'art gallery' in our lower level family room.
I have been gathering up any frame not is use from around the house and snapping up any frames I could find on sale for $7.00 or less.
The images below are but a few that have inspired me to create this project.
I love the eclectic look of the different frames, mismatched frame colours, textures and variety of pictures.
I think it adds wonderful personality.


I chose my children's art because I am all about 'living with what you love'.
My children have created some really fabulous pieces of art at school over
the course of their elementary school years.
Two of these creations were created by my son and daughter as far back as 2003
 when my son was only 2 years old and did a colourful picture (scribble) for Mommy.
I could not purchase anything that I would love half as much as these creations.

I am really pleased with how this wall turned out.
It adds some much-needed fun & personality to the room.
In the right corner, you can see the handle of the tread mill...just keeping it real here. This room is totally multi-functional with a TV, sofas, games table, & tread mill along with my newly created 'art gallery'.
The good new is that I only managed to break two of the glass inserts while I was hanging everything.
One frame bit the dust when I stepped on it.
Another fell off the wall and smashed while I was hammering a nail for another.
Ooopsie!

Thank you so much for visiting me!

ps-Feel free to check out some of my boards on Pinterest:
Wall & Picture Ideas
Winter Fun & Activities
Organized Homes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon