Thursday, August 4, 2011

Style & Organization for a Girly Dressing Room...

So another project that I tackled while I was home visiting in Nova Scotia was styling & organizing my Mom's dressing room.
{After}
My sweet mother realized that this large & spacious area next to her walk-in closet had become a bit tired and was in need of a little makeover.
She asked for my help & of course I said YES  because when the woman who has been one of your biggest cheerleaders in life needs help, you are at the ready!!
I  did a little shopping at IKEA and shipped a large box to her just as Canada Post went on strike. However, much to my relief, the goodies arrived not long after I flew to Nova Scotia.
We also did a little shopping at Winners before the big makeover day!
Behold the 'BEFORES':
 Notice in the photo above the 15 years of magazines like Martha Stewart, Gourmet, Canadian Living, and others.
We cleared those the heck out of there and donated them!

We worked hard to tame the wild piles of stuff...
coordinated some black & white & pink to make a slightly romantic & girly space.
And after I worked my magic...the 'AFTERS':
A sweet spot to sit in to do hair & makeup.
A simple vignette to make the space feel relaxed.
Shelves made pretty and hair stuff contained in feminine containers & IKEA boxes.
Makeup perfectly organized.
This little makeover took only a few hours but the results were well worth the effort.
Now my Mom has a space that feels fun & fresh.
{Love you Mom!!}


This post is linked to these terrific parties:














Organize and Decorate Everything






”Organize
Somewhat Simple

lil luna link party buttonThe Girl Creative







Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff







Sundae Scoop @ I {heart} Naptime

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon