Wednesday, July 7, 2010

a bistro set at a bargain price...

I have lived in this house for 5 years and I have always wanted a little bistro set for my small front porch.
I have looked many times, but the price just never seemed to be in the range I was willing to pay.
I did find a cute little folding tray table at Goodwill for $10.
I brought it home and it worked fine with 2 chairs I already had...until it broke.
{Sigh}
Then yesterday, my mom and I were trolling around The Bay. {A Canadian Department Store}
We happened to come upon some bistro sets.
Made of painted metal with each piece folding flat for easy winter storage...they were perfect.
The color choices were: black, white, green, blue & pink.
Regular price was $129.99.....wait for it...on sale for $49.99.
I was giddy.
Super perfect.
It was just the set I was looking for and at a steal of a price.
My mom reminded me that it was Seniors' Discount Day and she could get an additional 15% off.
Super-dee-duper perfect.
I love Seniors' Discount Day.
This made the bistro set $42.00 each.
Sweet!
It was such a good price that I made the decision to get *2* sets.
One set for my front porch and another set for the deck at the back of the house.
I decided to go with classic black sets, even though I admired the other choices.
The sets came flat-packed in a box...no assembly required, and fit easily into my trunk.
We unpacked our bargain as soon as we got home.
Then we had some fun accessorizing.
I added the pink peonies in the jar and the books.
My mom added the pillows.
My daughter was in favour of this very simple look...a green vase with some peonies.
The kids ate lunch on the bistro set on the back deck..in fact there was a little squabble over who was sitting where first.
Both children completely ignored the big patio table with 6 chairs around it.
My mom and I had a little chuckle over this.
Then we sipped some iced tea at the bistro table at the front.

This post is linked to:


Show & Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
I'm Lovin' It Fridays @ Tidy Mom
Home & Family Friday @ Home is Where My Story Begins
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Deals of the Week@ It's a Blog Party
Do It Yourself Day@ A Soft Place to Land
It's so Very Thrifty @ It's So Very Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon