Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Organizing: Tackling a Messy Kitchen Cupboard

This is our newly organized tea & coffee cupboard.
I wish I had taken a 'before' shot of this disorderly cupboard.
But trust me, it really was in an 'avalanche' state.
And I think some bats flew away when I opened some old boxes of tea
 that were on the top shelf. {I threw those boxes away.}
This is the 'AFTER' picture.
On the very top shelf are pretty plates and serving bowls, which are used only occasionally.
On the second shelf are the electric kettle and tea pots, along with a hand-held milk frother and some medicinal teas.
On the first shelf are the teas, coffee, honey, creamers & sugar bowls.
Here is a closeup of how everything got a new little home.
I found these handy 3 compartment containers at IKEA for $6.99.
They hold tea bags perfectly.
 I love STASH teas for entertaining....guests can choose their own tea so easily.
The teas that did not come in individual packaging were placed in their own Ziploc bag with the box cover to identify each tea.
Then the bags were laid flat inside another IKEA container.
Coffee K-Cups for our Keurig Coffee Machine also fit perfectly in the same size IKEA container.
A dollar store basket holds all the coffee toppings like chocolate shavings, cinnamon shakers, mocha flavourings, etc.
And it's all labelled neatly with my personal touch labeller.
I love this little machine.
My husband is the one who makes tea on a daily basis. I mainly drink tea when I have girlfriends over, or when I have a cold.
My favourite tea is STASH's "Calm" tea.

I don't know what it is about summer and organizing that makes me want to tackle those things that have been staring at me all winter.
But it sure feels nice to not have things fall on your head when you open a cupboard door.





This post is linked to these terrific parties:

Visit thecsiproject.com



Organize and Decorate Everything



inspired room

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon