Thursday, December 23, 2010

And a Merry Christmas to all...

Bonjour Mes Amies!
I hope your days and hours are filled with joy as we approach Christmas.
Our house was hit with the flu...first me, then my hubby, then Tyler and lastly Hunter.
Hunter fainted in the bathroom  while she was ill and took 10 years off my life.
But all is well now.
I thought I would share some of things that I have been working on.
Our December Daily Album...
I kept the design very simple and clean-lined this year...it helps to make the project less overwhelming in trying to keep up.
Pages for Day 1:
Page for Day 2:
Page for Day 3:
Page for Day 4:
I made up a hot chocolate basket for a family who is spending part of their Christmas in the mountains.
This family has had a hard year...they lost Dad in the summer.
December 21 would have been my Grandmother Ada's 95th birthday. {She passed away in 2002}.
I miss her still.
When I lived in Nova Scotia, my mom and aunts would go out for lunch in memory on her birthday.
But I don't have anyone to do that with here.
The day left me feeling just a little blue.
So I celebrated her memory by making one of her recipes...sugar cookies.


We finally decorated our tree yesterday.
I don't think we have ever decorated it so late...but we had to wait until everyone was healthy and home.
It's tough when either one child or the other has skating or hockey every night, and then mix in the flu.
I contented myself with some hours of baking
 And then made up some cookie platters for friends.
I think this was one of my fav projects...I love homemade.
Hunter and I had fun fussing over the tree yesterday.
We took things on and off until we were finally satisfied.
We decided we loved icicles and snowflakes best.....with the blue and turqouise.

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas!!!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon