Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011....and how I can't wait to 'organize' you...

Happy 2011!
I have been having a great vacation with my family these past 2 weeks.
 I have been taking a "technology break".
I haven't been blogging, or spending much time on the computer.
We have been enjoying lots of pj time and hanging out.
Of course, it will all end on Monday morning when everyone is back to school and work.
Today I am lounging around and watching Season 3 of Mad Men.
I am obsessed with that show...the fashions, the furniture and the rotary telephone.
I also opened up my new planner for 2011.

I love this planner.
I have been using it for 6 years now and I use it for everything.
We have a large family calendar in the kitchen for school schedules, sports schedules and such.
But this is the one I use on a daily basis for writing down all the thoughts that occupy my mind like:
Meals planning.
Shopping lists.
Errands.
Gift ideas.
Groceries.
And it is often my companion in the passenger seat of the car.
I call the passenger seat of my car my "office on wheels".

I also write down my "Top 3 of the Day" for each day... which are the top 3 things I want to accomplish that day.
I used to keep a long, running list of things...but I don't do that anymore.
I just felt so overwhelmed if I did not get many things crossed off the list, so now I use the "Top 3" method. It works so much better....and when I cross off my 'Top 3' for the day, then I add 3 more.
I know that lots of people use their blackberries for this type of daily minutae, but I love the old-fashioned pen & paper method....it works, it's fast and I never need to re-charge it or worry about if the network is down.
So now I am off to write in my "Top 3" for Monday...which includes the post Christmas clean up and organizing for Christmas 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon