Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How I Organized My Greeting Cards....

So today I scheduled in a little time to tackle this project that I have been wanting to do forever.
Not really forever. But at least since I re-organized my office space.
I had greetings cards 'thrown' into an Ikea storage box.
Every time I wanted a card, I had to rifle through the whole box to find what I was looking for.
No more.
 I took some bright pink cardstock and my index tab punch.
I love that index tab punch.
{I chose bright pink cardstock because it's easy to see and doesn't blend in with the cards.}
I cut the cardstock with the paper trimmer to make 'dividers' to fit the box and punched tabs from white cardstock for each divider. I stapled the tabs to each divider.
Then I sorted the cards into piles and wrote on each tab the contents.
Then I filed each card pile into the appropriate spot.
 Now I have this:

 This project cost nothing since I used things I already had...a paper trimmer, cardstock and index punch.
{You don't really need an index tab punch....you could just use small squares of cardstock.}

And here's one hint:
I buy most of my cards at the dollar store and the size fits nicely into this box.
If you buy more expensive cards...they are usually bigger and won't fit into this system as nicely. They may even be too big to fit into the box this way. So if you have bigger cards, you may want to buy a bigger box.



This post is linked to:



Visit thecsiproject.com


Organizing Junkie







UndertheTableandDreaming


Organize and Decorate Everything







Weekup Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello.

HouseofHepworths

lil luna link party button

giveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon