Friday, December 7, 2007

december daily: homemade eggnog



I can't remember exactly when my mom started making homemade eggnog, but it was at least 25 years ago. She originally made it with a raw egg custard, but then switched to a cooked custard mixture for reasons of safety. I have always really looked forward to my mom's eggnog....sweet, creamy with whipped cream on top and the best part~ fresh, fragrant nutmeg grated on top. Yum! (Storebought eggnot does not compare in any way!). When I lived at home, in addition to the Christmas eve sipping, I always had a glass of eggnog for breakfast on Christmas morning........nothing else.....just eggnog. Then when I moved out of home, Mom always gave us a jug full of eggnog to take home and the breakfast tradition continued. Last year, Mom was in our kitchen for the Christmas holidays and she made the eggnog for us......but this year will be my turn to make eggnog on my own. I don't relish the thought even though I have Mom' s recipe and I have watched her make it many times.....there is just something about my Mom's eggnog that tastes so good to me. But I will try, oh I will try.......


No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon