Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a little jewellery organization...

My 'jewellery mess' was a project that I tackled on the weekend. I was keeping my earrings in a pretty white bowl, but that led to a lot of digging and digging and digging.  I could never seem to find two matching earrings. I would end up dumping the whole white bowl on the bed to find what I was looking for.  This was a source of frustration to me because I am just like everyone else in the morning.... in a hurry to get dressed and downstairs to make a lunch or drive a child to school. So I went to the local dollar store to buy two  little craft boxes. Now my earrings are sorted. I can easily pick out the lovelies that I want with no dumping involved. I just keep a few pretty pairs in the white bowl and the rest of the pairs stay here. I know that I am not the first person to do this...yet it's a brilliant solution. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner.


This is a solution I came up with for my necklaces. I bought dollar store adhesive hooks and installed them on the inside of the vanity doors of our ensuite bathroom. I usually put on makeup and jellewery in the ensuite bathroom because it has the best light, so this is where the necklaces should be. A few of my favorite necklaces are hung on a jewellery tree, but the rest are conveniently stored here....accessible but out of sight. This keeps the ensuite bathroom looking clutter free and pretty.


Now I have no excuse for not looking a little gussied up with the jewellery in record time!

This post has been linked to:

inspired room
Motivate Me Monday@ Keeping It Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon