Wednesday, June 2, 2010

the lake of shining faces...

When Matthew was bringing Anne home to Green Gables for the very first time, she poured her heart out to him about all her wishes and dreams for the future, whilst charmingly describing all the pastoral beauties of PEI that her eyes could see. The first lake she saw on her way to the farm, she named the "The Lake of Shining Waters"..simply for it's beauty and the way it made her feel.

I will always refer to this day as the "Lake of Shining Faces".

On a bright, sunny Saturday, we took our boat out for the very first time. And by very first time, I mean the very first time our family took a boat out on a lake. Ever.

My husband was so very excited. He has wanted a boat for a long time. He got up really early on this day to take the boat for it's first trial. I thought it a good idea to stay home with the children in case things did not go well. He wasn't gone from the house for very long when the phone rang. I could hear and feel the happiness in his voice as he told me that he got the boat into the lake with no problems and it was a beautiful day to be on the water. He knows how I hate highway driving, and he offered to drive an hour back to pick up the rest of his family. I told him to just enjoy himself. But when he called 2 more times to tell me how gorgeous it was....I quickly packed up the kids and drove the hour to meet him at the marina to take our first ever family tour.

I think the pictures speak for themselves. Everyone looks so happy!

We had an amazing day. We took a 3 hour tour of the lake. Ate a picnic lunch in the middle of the big blue ripples. We watched other boats and the odd water skiier.  We saw lots of lakeside cottages and a church camp. The marina was busy with lots of other boaters taking their crafts out on the water.  We really couldn't have asked for a better day. I don't know who was more thrilled.....Ron or the kids.

And it leaves me feeling really good about all the future lakes of shining faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon