Tuesday, June 1, 2010

a little mudroom tidy-up....

I have been on a mission around the house for the past few days.
Tackling all those little jobs and areas that need attention.
And the above is what was accomplished today.
I had been staring at this little mess in the mud room for far too many weeks.
There hung 2 bulletin boards...one for each child.
I have found over the years that the best system for me for school papers is a visual system.
In previous years, I have have kept notices, permission slips, etc. in a binder.
And I have tried a system with papers in a file folder.
But the best system is a bulletin board where I can see all the little dates and details.
No searching in a binder. No scattered papers on the floor from a file folder.
Just a bulletin please.
Front and center.
I can check little details for field trips on the way out the door in the morning.
I can see a 'hot lunch' day coming up.
It only requires a quick tidy up at the end of the month.
You know...hang up a new monthly calendar. Throw away expired notices.

 I also added a bulletin board for me.
I found that I like to have a place for my things too.
Like my yoga schedule.
And coupons.
And an inspirational picture from Martha Stewart Living to remind me to have more picnics.
I feel sort of guilty that my husband is not represented here.
He does have a home office with 2 bulletin boards of his very own.
{I don't think he will cry about it or anything.}
It would be nice to have black-framed boards.
But we already had these $6.99 bulletin boards.... and I am all about using what you have.
I have had the black letters for about 7 years!
They have never been hung.
I have always been frustrated by how to hang things that come without hardware on the back.
I would rather go to the dentist and have a molar drilled that try to pound the little tiny nails that come in a hanging kit.... into a frame.
Luckily, I have come up with a trick that solves the problem....I now glue hangers to the back with Gorilla Glue.
The glue dries overnight.
And voila!
The item is ready for hanging.
No hammer required.

It works perfectly.
Many, many things have been hung in my home using this trick!

This post has been linked to:

Photobucket

inspired room


Organize and Decorate Everything

Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.
Do It Yourself @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Mudroom Makeovers @ The Lettered Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon