Friday, September 17, 2010

A Special Place for Vintage & Sentimental Jewellery...

I have been looking for a way to display some of my vintage & sentimental jewellery for some time.
Anyone who visits  my house knows how I love to display things that I love.
I finally found something which I think works perfectly.

While trolling through Home Sense {the Canadian name for Home Goods} one day last spring, I found this 'shadow box' type display box.
It differs from a shadow because it has a door with an adorable little crystal knob, so you can change things out quickly and easily.
The price was only $16.99...which I thought was super reasonable.
The 'A' monogram on the door completely sold me.
The inside featured this floral but neutral fabric pin board.
My imagination started perculoating with ideas.
I came home and picked out some special-to-me jewellery pieces to start playing & arranging.
I settled on this mix of pretty pieces.
The small amethyst brooch belonged to a great, great aunt and is circa early 1900's, as is the larger amethyst brooch.
{I can just imagine them pinned at the throat of a lovely muslin dress in days gone by.}
The pearl drop earrings I wore on my wedding day. {costume jewellery}.
The sterling silver flower & leaf necklace in the middle belonged to my grandmother.
The little charm bracelet on the top right was an Easter gift when I was 7 or 8 yrs. old.
And the little gold bracelet was mine as a child as.
I cannot remember where it come from. Maybe my Mom can remember?

I am still debating about where I am going to hang this.
I am thinking in the master bedroom for now.
I love how the door with it's magical crystal knob allows me to change out the jewellery pieces when I want.
I could even change the fabric on the pin board if I grow tired of the pattern.
Don't you love Home Sense?



This post is linked to these great parties:

Visit thecsiproject.com



Organize and Decorate Everything


Favorite%2BThings%2BFridaybig%2Bbutton.jpg



giveaways

The Girl Creative

Making
inspired room

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon