Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Living Room Corner & Thoughts on Decorating...

I was paging through digital pictures the other night when
I found some pictures from our living room update from 5 years ago.
I happened upon this picture from our living room as it looked in 2006.
Back in 2006, we hadn't lived in this house for a year yet and we were still working on changes to make it our own.
We painted the entire main floor in Benjamin Moore's gingerroot.
Ron had removed the old carpet from the living room and was in the process of laying new floors and installing new baseboard.
I took this picture of the living room in progress.
 Below is the same corner today.
I changed the drapery from navy to silk drapes that are the same tone as the walls to make the room feel airy and bright.
I removed the plates and pictures and added the 'family' gallery...a wedding photo of Ron and I surrounded by photos of our parents and grandparents.
A side table from Ikea in the corner and a new a lamp from HomeSense {Clearance...$25} completed the  corner for the living room.
I made the throw pillows and quilt from Amy Butler fabrics in 2008.
With the addition of a new lamp...this is how it looks in 2011.
I forgotten how much this space had changed in the last 5 years.
I got me thinking about decorating in general.
Aren't our spaces always changing?
We add in small new things we like and weed out the things that we're tired of.
I am getting the itch to make some new throw pillows.
And thinking about adding in another layer to the 'family wall'.
It's part of the fun of being a homemaker.
The repititive chores we do over and over......they are part of keeping our house in order.
The decorating fun...that is the part that feeds our soul.
Decorating our home is an expression of ourselves...and I hope it's something that I always enjoy.




This post is linked to these great parties:

Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello




No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon