Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Apple Treats Week: Apple Brownies

Welcome to the 2nd edition of Apple Treats Week!
I am so amazed to hear that some of you made the cookies from yesterday already.
That is so fantastic!
Today I am going to share another of my favorite apple recipes...Apple Brownies.
This is a very easy recipe that showcases the fresh taste of apples and
 takes only minutes to mix up.
I started making these about 5 years ago and they are a refreshing change from regular brownies.
I also love this recipe because it makes a 9 x13 pan.   I think if you are going to take the time to indulge in homemade baking, you may as well make lots to share!
Apple Brownies make an awesome lunchbox treat..both my kids love these in their lunch!
Apple Brownies

1 cup butter
1.5 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 large apples chopped (about 4 cups of chopped apples)
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp Cinnamon (You can also use apple pie spice)
1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)



Melt butter and mix in with sugar and eggs, beat well, stir in apples. Add dry ingredients & mix well. Bake in greased 9x13 pan for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
As you can see above,  I drizzled a little white icing over the squares to make them a little prettier for a dessert.
If you want to fancy them up to take out somewhere, cream cheese frosting is also
yummy too!


Thank you so much for joining me during Apple Treats Week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon