Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am so grateful for the many blessings in my life.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my wonderful family, friends & blog readers!
And if it wasn't Thanksgiving in your neck of the woods, I hope you had an amazing fall weekend nonetheless~
I spent time with my family and enjoyed the glorious weather we are having in this northern city!
And I also completed some projects in the kitchen besides cooking a turkey.

I tackled this wonderful brown butter spice layer cake for our Thanksgiving dessert.
The recipe came from the October issue of Fine Cooking.
{It also makes a fabulous breakfast I might add!}
The cake smelled divine fresh from the oven.
I also turned a bag of these:
into fresh cranberry sauce.
If you have never made fresh cranberry sauce, I highly recommend it.
It takes 10 minutes of your time, but the taste is infinitely better than anything you could buy.
And I chopped and chopped fresh veggies so I could make this:
into pickles.
This is my favorite homemade pickle.
Mustard pickles.
Despite the name, they do not taste like mustard.
They are a sweet and tangy pickle with lots of crunch.
These are but some of the things that graced our Thanksgiving table for dinner yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon