Monday, October 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday...& Making Your Food Budget Go Far...

Did you know that I feed my family of 4 for about $500-$600 a month in groceries?
This is strictly food only....no cleaning supplies, or shampoo, etc. I keep that budget separate.
How does this compare to your budget?
What do you spend a month in groceries?
{Remember that my budget is in Canadian dollars}
The guru of grocery budgets is Angela from the Grocery Shrink. blog.
Her family budget for groceries {in U.S. dollars} is about $50 a month per person.
According to that formula, my grocery budget should be around $200 a month.
As my grandmother Ada used to say...Good Heavens!!!
I have a loooong way to go before I reach that level of expertise.
Here's a look at some of the terrific deals I found at Superstore.
All perfectly good produce for 50% off.
The apples were free from a friend.
Do I have to save money on groceries? No. Not really.
But now it's become like a personal challenge.
Being a good steward of the family money...so to speak.
We eat well here...no meals of Kraft dinner or beans & weiners.

Our Meals for this week:
Sunday- greek chicken, rice and greek salad with apple crisp for dessert.
Monday~Italian Wedding Soup with rolls.
 Dinnertime: 4 pm.
Tuesday~Basa fish with steamed potatoes, green beans & carrots & coleslaw.
Dinnertime: 5 pm.
Wednesday~Chili with cornbread muffins.
Dinnertime: 5 pm
Thursday~Leftover Chili or Italian Wedding Soup.
Dinnertime: 4:30 pm
Friday~Panini Bar
Dinnertime: 5 pm

I am not sure what we are having for dinner on Saturday night, but Sunday is our
Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner!
I can hardly wait!

 This post is linked to:



Organizing Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon