Saturday, October 2, 2010

Planning for Thanksgiving...

Next weekend is Thanksgiving.... the countdown is on.
I have planned the menu and bought the groceries for the menu.
Except for the fresh turkey...I will pick that up later this week.
Fresh cranberries for cranberry sauce. Check. I will make the cranberry sauce ahead of dinner by a day or two.
Assorted green and orange vegetables. Check.
Wine. Check
Decorations for the table.
 Hmmmm.
I wanted something to leave on the table all  this week.
Something natural.
Something simple dimple.
This is what I decided on.
 I found these at Superstore for $2.68. I purchased 2 bags.
 I found this basket~$9.99. It's great because I don't have a basket for french bread.
And we eat french bread a lot.
 Then I just played.
The peanut gallery watches.
I play around until it looks just so.
 I am thinking that for our Thanksgiving Dinner next Sunday,
I may nestle some votive candles in between the gourds.
Or something else.
I got a little chuckle when I read on the bag that the gourds came in:
"For Decorative Purposes Only".
 I mean....doesn't the green-nubby-warty-looking gourd look especially yummy?



This post is linked to these great parties:

Visit thecsiproject.com



SYS Thurs















Photobucket"/>


Show and Tell Green











Cottage and Vine
The Girl Creative

mmm button













 
It's a Blog Party










No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon