Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mudroom Remix.....

My project for this week was mixing things up in the mudroom.
My goal was to give it a little more character....to make it feel more like a room.
I wrote this post a while ago about the secrets of a great mudroom.
I wanted to give my mudroom a personality of it's own by adding a shelf and moving things around.
This was what was on the wall when I started.
Just a simple collage...of photos and Amy Butler paper in frames.
My 'project' manager this week was my Dad.
After I picked up a shelf and brackets at Ikea...he was my main man.
It was great fun working on a little project with my Dad.
He was the 'big cheese'....I played the hand-over-the-tool girl.
Now that we live 3000 km apart...we don't get a ton of 'hang out' time.
So it was nice to do this together....I miss my Dad! I used to see him almost every day.
So here is the 'BEFORE':
In less than an hour, we had the shelf hung.
I love theses new brackets from Ikea with the circle graphic.
It adds a touch of modern fun and interest.
Then I did the fun part~ accessorizing!
I used things I already had~ cost: $0.00
I re-used the frames I already had with the Amy Butler paper.
I re-used the clock.
I added some old family books.
The blue glass bottle was a cast-off given to my by a friend.
Here is the 'AFTER':
After the shelf was hung and accessorized, I moved these frames to another corner of the mudroom.
And here is the third wall of the mudroom.
It holds three bulletins board to help keep us organized.
You can read more about this project by clicking here.
Here is the 'BEFORE' for that wall:
Here's the 'AFTER':
Now my mudroom has a bit more style.
I am really happy with this little vignette...and I can change it out whenever I feel the need to refresh.
 It's a nice little welcome to our house.
***Edited to Add: I was super excited to wake up the day after this post to find it was featured on the blog Tatertots and Jello roundup of 'Great Ideas'. You can read the post here.

This post has been linked up to these great parties:




Visit thecsiproject.com



giveaways













mmm button

UndertheTableandDreaming



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!
Show and Tell Green





The Girl Creative



No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon