Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Organizing for Christmas~Project 2: An Idea Journal

This week, I am writing a series about getting organized for Christmas. I am featuring a few little ideas to help make Christmas organized and pretty for the CEO of Santa's workshop.....Mom.
Welcome to Project 2.
{To see Project 1~A Fun Clipboard, please click here.}

Let me introduce you to my Christmas Idea Journal.
A few of my scrapbook girlfriends and I got together 3 years ago and made these journals for  ourselves as an organizer for Christmas.
We took a simple spiral notebook {from the dollar store} and covered it with scrapbook paper. {using Mod Podge of course.}
Then we embellished the cover with our names with stamps and a few stickers.
{I just used up scraps of Christmas paper that I already had.}
To finish off the look, we tied ribbons to the coils.
Super simple.
Here it looks just after I made it:
This is what it looks like now after a few years of use.  My little guy stuck a sticker to my journal over the 'A'... which is why it's looking a bit faded...but I wanted to share with you the real thing....real & used!
It's a good idea to choose a journal with lines for list-making.
I use mine to record ideas for projects, recipes, shopping lists, and any other Christmas related thoughts.
I also have added a few tabbed sections so I can keep shopping lists separate from recipe ideas.
Another thing I love about my Christmas Journal?
It fits so nicely in my purse.
I will carry it with me until Christmas is over.
Yes...Journal is looking a little sad...but it is so well loved.
It's my journal of 'happy' that keeps me inspired and on task for the season.
Then I will put it away...until next year!




This post has been linked to these fabulous parties:








UndertheTableandDreaming

giveaways

The DIY Show Off

BCD



handmade projects



















Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!




















giveaways

The Girl Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon