Thursday, November 11, 2010

Project 9: Giving Christmas Hugs...

Today I thought I would share a fun & easy Christmas gift idea~Pretzel Hugs.
My kids first made these for gifts for their teachers in 2007...and we have made them many times since.
Pretzel Hugs are a simple kitchen project.
Even if you are not a baker, you can handle this easy project!
All you need:
Pretzels like shown.
Hershey's Kisses or Hugs.{we like the striped ones.}
M&M's in Christmas colours.
A cookie sheet and an oven.
Directions:
Have the kids can unwrap the kisses and place the pretzels on the cookie sheets.
Place kiss or hug on each pretzel.
Now place cookie sheet in oven at 250 degrees and let the kisses or hugs melt for about 6-8 minutes..if that long.
Then take the sheet out of the oven. While the kisses or hugs are still soft and melty, press an M&M candy into each one.
After they cool, they will look like this:
To package them for gifts, we placed about 20 in each baggy, and then I went to my computer to make the topper and printed it on white cardstock.
The topper reads, "some Pretzel Hugs made especially for you by..{have your child write their name.}
Merry Christmas!
Then we stapled the topper to the top of the baggy as shown.
We love to give these as little gifts at Christmas!
My daughter is 14 now and she can make cookies on her own, but my son still loves to make these.
I think that we will make some "Christmas Hugs" this year and clip on the clipboards we are going to make for my son's teachers.
I will be sure to share when that project is done!

I took some time this morning to remember our soldiers by watching the Remembrance Day services on TV from Ottawa. I have a sick little guy in bed today with a nasty tummy virus....so on his menu today is Gravol, Tylenol and ginger ale.
Hope your day is going better!

This post is linked to these great parties:




12 giveaways
The Girl Creative


giveaways


Craft DIY Ideas


BCD




UndertheTableandDreaming

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!


Photobucket







 








No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon