Friday, November 12, 2010

Project 10~ A December Daily Album...

This is a project close to my heart.
For all the things which are made and packaged to leave the house at Christmas.....this one stays home.
It is a gift of remembrance for me.
I have been scrapbooking for 11 years, yet I only did this project for the first time last year.
I mourn that I did not think to do this years before when my kids were younger.
For each Christmas, I have a 2 page scrapbook layout completed in a scrapbook.
But this project digs deep....it's about celebrating the every day joy of the month of December.
Not just the one day of the 25th.
I am all too aware that in a few short years one of my children will be off to University.
And when that time comes, I want to remember what it was like to have kids in the house at Christmas.

The inspiration for this project comes from Ali Edwards.
I adore her blog.
 It was the first blog I started reading back in 2005.
And I still read it every day.
You can read about the process as described by Ali here:


 The idea is this: Make a scrapbook page for every day in December up to the 25th.
Sounds daunting, doesn't it?
I tried it last year.
It forced me to slow down a little and reflect~it was such a rewarding experience.
I used a 6x6 scrapbook album that I constructed before December 1st came.
Here are some Christmas memories from 2009 I captured from participating in this project:
December 5th~ the day we trimmed our tree:

December 6th~the day we ate peppermint ice cream before bed:
December 7th~ the day of our Christmas card photo shoot:
December 8th: The day a child gave me her Christmas Wish List~
December 9th: The day I finished up last minute shopping errands~
Preserving our Family Christmas letter for 2009~
December 11th: The day I mailed the last of our Christmas cards~
I am so glad I captured these memories.
December can be such a blur of activity...it is nice to look back and reminisce.

This week I am planning to build the December Daily Album for 2010.
So when December 1st comes, I will be ready!
This year, I will be sharing my December Daily Album as a guest post at passionatelyartistic.com
I hope you find a way to record your memories of Christmas, whether it be writing in a journal, or taking lots of photos or scrapbooking.
It is so worth the effort!



This post is linked to these parties:

Design Dazzle



="12 giveaways

giveaways





Craft DIY Ideas



BCD



UndertheTableandDreaming

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

Sit Relax and Read

















No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon