Friday, November 5, 2010

Organizing for Christmas~Project 5:An Idea for Creative & Inexpensive Packaging for Goodies

This week, I am writing a series about getting organized for Christmas. I am featuring a few little ideas to help make Christmas organized and pretty for the CEO of Santa's workshop.....Mom.
Welcome to Project 5!

{To see Project 1: A Fun Clipboard, click here.}
{To see Project 2: An Idea Journal, click here.}
{To see Project 3: A Wallet for Christmas Receipts & Cash, click here.}
{To see Project 4: Looking for Inspiration?, click here.}


I don't know about you, but I love pretty packages!
I am always on the lookout for things or ideas to make my packages pretty.
Last year, I used my computer & printer to make some easy & inexpensive labels for homemade goodies that we were giving as gifts to my daughter's skating team.

I made 2 batches of these double chocolate cookies....and decorated them with drizzled white chocolate & crushed candy canes.
Individual cookies were placed in decorative bags. {I have also used regular baggies too.}
Then I went to my computer and make these labels in a word processing program, and printed them out on white cardstock. When you make labels on your computer....the choices of fonts and colours are endless!
 I cut out squares of white cardstock to use as 'trays' to go hold the cookies to keep them from getting broken.
I placed the cookie and cardstock 'tray' inside each bag.
I then used a paper trimmer to trim the 'labels' to fit the bags, and folded and stapled the labels on the tops of the bags....
In no time, I had a nice looking pile of packaged cookies ready for gift-giving...
I was very pleased with how this packaging project turned out...and I used things that I already had at home to make them look pretty!



This post is linked to these terrific parties:




UndertheTableandDreaming


Photobucket







giveaways

The DIY Show Off

BCD



handmade projects







mmm button


The Girl Creative







Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon