Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Holiday 'Mantel'...

Last Thursday I was determined to finish up my decorating for Christmas.
I went to the basement storage room to dig out some ornaments....and this turned into a full 7 hour basement 'excavation'. I ended up taking 6 boxes of stuff to Goodwill and clearing out 2 bags of garbage.
I never did get the decorating done~ I was too pooped.
The decorating had to wait until Friday morning instead~ this is what I did with the 'mantel'.
I have chosen a theme of sparkly white & silver with accents of blue & green for my indoor decor.
And I have to throw in some natural elements...like branches, a basket and a wool carder.
The pitcher was a spray-painted project from the spring. I kept the branches from Halloween.
Remember how I used it here:
I moved it to the mantel, but added some sparkly snowflakes to the branches for the holidays.
{Snowflakes were 6 in a package from Canadian Tire for .99 cents}
The silver cake stand  that holds the blue & green ornaments is from Goodwill.
The lantern is from Ikea. The sparkly white 'Tis The Season' is from Urban Barn.
I elevated the pitcher for a bit more height with books.
The basket you see is my Grandmother's knitting basket from many years ago.
{It's tall because it's meant for holding knitting needles and yarn.It has crossed my mind to fill the basket with yarn... I still might.}
The wool carder belonged to my great-grandparents~who married in 1899.
My uncle very kindly gave these treasures to me~ and I adore them.
Here was what the 'mantel' looked like for Halloween:
And here it is ready for the holidays:
And to all of you south of the border....Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!


This post is linked to these great parties:

12 giveaways

UndertheTableandDreaming




Photobucket

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!




I read orange


The Lettered Cottage





My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia


The Girl Creative


































giveaways
BCD

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca | sometimes you may needbeef bourguignon